By Ron Waksman, Paul A. Gurbel, Michael A. Gaglia Jr.
Edited via one of many world's major interventional cardiologists and educators, this new publication is created with an eye fixed on giving the reader a fantastic, sensible and clinically-focused knowing of this significant classification of gear, from easy technology to a clear-headed dialogue of advanced issues similar to mix cures, drug-drug interactions, and platelet resistance.
This vital new book:
- Begins with a concise yet thorough dialogue of platelet biology and pathophysiology in order that readers know the way those cures paintings and why they could additionally produce the sort of diverse diversity of issues, from minor gastrointestinal disappointed, to very likely life-threatening stipulations reminiscent of neutropenia, a severe scarcity of white blood cells.
- Thoroughly covers platelet functionality trying out, together with new, novel techniques.
- Clarifies present best-practices in regards to the use of antiplatelet brokers in either power and acute cardiovascular disease
- Reviews of all kinds of antiplatelet brokers – from aspirin to lately authorized medications – together with symptoms, medical results, and aspect effects/complications
Written via a world who's-who of specialists within the box, Antiplatelet remedy additionally comprises a complete part protecting using antiplatelet medications in PCIs, together with percutaneous valve fix, which makes this article relatively necessary to Interventional Cardiologists.
Read or Download Antiplatelet Therapy in Cardiovascular Disease PDF
Similar cardiovascular books
Offers up to date assurance of the pericardium in overall healthiness and scientific and surgical ailment, integrating fresh advances in knowing basic and irregular pericardial body structure and immunology, acute and persistent pericarditis, effusion and tamponade, and imaging equipment for effusion and constriction.
Integrative Cardiology is an exploration of a brand new and much-needed point of view in cardiac care: the clever synthesis of traditional drugs with replacement ways no longer more often than not a part of Western scientific curriculum. greater than a mixing of 2 methods, this new viewpoint in cardiology highlights particular gaps in traditional middle care, and examines how replacement methods could be perfect to handle those neglected possibilities.
Rules and perform of Cardiac Magnetic Resonance in Congenital center Disease:Form, functionality, and movement Edited through Mark A. Fogel, MD, FACC, FAHA, FAAP, affiliate Professor of Pediatrics and Radiology, college of Pennsylvania institution of medication; Director of Cardiac MR, The Children’s health center of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, united states CMR is a powerful tool within the armamentarium of pediatric cardiology and well-being care employees taking care of sufferers with congenital middle ailment (CHD), yet a winning examine nonetheless provides significant technical and scientific demanding situations.
This quantity of the esteemed development in Molecular Biology and Translational technological know-how sequence makes a speciality of state of the art study relating to the genetics of heart problems. Written via most sensible specialists within the box, this quantity covers a number of issues, together with: Genetic versions of atherosclerosis MicroRNAs in heart problems The position of the transcription issue KLF2 in vascular improvement and affliction Zebrafish as types of heart problems and hematopoietic improvement growth in Molecular Biology and Translational technology offers a discussion board for dialogue of recent discoveries, ways, and ideas in molecular biology.
- Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease
- Deep Vein Thrombosis - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- Intracranial Atherosclerosis
- Psychological Factors and Cardiovascular Disorders: The Role of Stress and Psychosocial Influences
- Tachycardia, 1st Edition
- Cardiovascular nursing demystified
Extra info for Antiplatelet Therapy in Cardiovascular Disease
Et al. (2011) Ticagrelor compared with clopidogrel by geographic region in the Platelet Inhibition and Patient Outcomes (PLATO) trial. Circulation, 124, 544–554. 19 20 Antiplatelet Therapy in Cardiovascular Disease 10 Cattaneo, M. (2010) New P2Y(12) inhibitors. Circulation, 121, 171–179. M. (1992) Identification of a new congenital defect of platelet function characterized by severe impairment of platelet responses to adenosine diphosphate. Blood, 80, 2787–2796. , and Kastrati, A. (2005) P2Y12 gene H2 haplotype is not associated with increased adenosine diphosphate-induced platelet aggregation after initiation of clopidogrel therapy with a high loading dose.
Another, larger study examined 1055 patients with nonfatal myocardial infarction and 4153 controls in a case–control design and showed that the reduction of cardiovascular events by aspirin was abolished when combined with frequent naNSAIDs (mainly ibuprofen) . Concluding remarks While the central role of COX-1 as key enzyme of platelet TXA2 formation and target of low-dose aspirin is acknowledged since decades, platelet COX-1 remains subject to relevant and innovative research. All other inhibitors of platelet function, including GPIIb/IIIa inhibitors and ADP receptor antagonists, have been developed on the background of antiplatelet therapy with aspirin.
7 2 Platelet Receptors and Drug Targets: COX-1 Thomas Hohlfeld and Karsten Schrör Universitätsklinikum, Heinrich-Heine Universität Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf, Germany Cyclooxygenases (COX, PGH synthases) are key enzymes in the biosynthesis of prostaglandins and thromboxane. Two isoenzymes exist with a 61% of sequence identity, which are products of different genes. COX-1, considered as a constitutive version of the enzyme, is mainly responsible for housekeeping functions . , shear stress in vascular tissue), inflammatory processes, and cell proliferation.
- User Guides, Manuals, and Technical Writing: A Guide to by Adrian Wallwork
- Essential Interventional Cardiology by Michael S. Norell MD FRCP, John Perrins BSc MD FRCP